۱۳۸۶ اردیبهشت ۱۶, یکشنبه


"[The girls] live in such a complicated alliances and shifting feuds that [I] do not feel the energy or the courage to break into it. I like to look at them though.
When I am in town their appearl to me is not very strong. I do not want the themselves really. They are too complicated. There is something else. Vaguely I do want a girl but I do not want to work to get her. I do not like to get into intrigue and the politics. I do not want to do any courting. I do not want to tell any more lies. I do not want any consequences. I do not want any consequences ever again. I could never get through it all again. It is not worth the trouble.
I like the girls that are walking down the other side of the street. I would like to have one of them, but it is not worth it."
This is written by Hemingway hundred years ago; I just wonder how he happened to know me in this detail?!

۱ نظر:

ناشناس گفت...

manam k ende english...